Friday, November 24, 2006

Some pictures that Critter took... of an Old House


This is the front, taken from the street. I told you I had a big yard!








This is taken at the bottom of the big hill. See my bedroom? Its the round one, if you can look real hard, you might even see Timmy waving at you!





This is the back side of the house. It looks different now, but not by much.






This is the western side of the house, and the other side of my bedroom.







This is one of the dirt walls in the basement... looks like the old furnace is still in the same place! See those scratches and holes? Those were dug by little Brat and Critter hands and fingers. I forgot to ask Critter... did you look to see if you could find anything that we put in there?

18 comments:

Eddie said...

love old houses, they have a soul of there own, would love to see it in person..

Kentucky Brat said...

well... since I've known the owner since I was 12... that won't be a problem.

Bugwit said...

Cool house! And you got the fun, round bedroom!

You could have told us the 'him' dug the marks in the walls, and we would've believed you!

Kentucky Brat said...

probably would made for a better story... yeah?!

But, it wouldn't be true. Critter and I dug in those dirt walls all the time

yeah, the round room was mine. The house is mine too... just the people that own it don't realize it.

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I remember. Barely, but I do.

Kentucky Brat said...

hey cuz!!! you know something?

The first time I remember seeing you, in all your glory at that! Was laying on my bed in the round room. I think it was your first day out of the hospital. So you were somewhere between 3 and 5 days old I would suppose at that time.

KentuckyCritter said...

I checked some of the holes but found nothing...but you know we buried the stuff so I'd had to dig deeper than I did and I didn't have anything to dig with...

Just about every kid around was scared of that house...but personally, I ENVIED Brat, it was an adventure and I thought her room was the coolest.

MarmiteToasty said...

Its like a wonderful hobbit house..... jebus I love that round room.......

x

Kentucky Brat said...

Marmite, it is a wonderful house in many many ways.

Critter.. I'm still looking for a email (I know, you got things to take of)... but, I'm curious.


word verification
uoky ?? weird!

Spilling Ink said...

Awesome house! Did you guys ever roll down the hill in leaves or snow? I would have. Cool yard!

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Very nice house Brat...I love the round bedroom. I almost bought a three story house with a round room once...I loved it, but I couldn't really afford it.

I used to hide stuff behind loose bricks & stones on the chimney & fireplace. I wonder if some kid ever found any of my stuff.

Kentucky Brat said...

Lynn - you bet!! Like I said, the first good snow fall would get even the scared kids up on the hill. It was just to much to pass up.

Abandoned - if there were ever kids like Critter and I there, they probably did. I know we spent many hours just looking for softer dirt in one place or another along those walls.

Bugwit said...

Yeah, that would be a fantastic sledding hill!

Did it snow much?

Kentucky Brat said...

David, we general had at about 12 snow days in the month of Feb. So, the hill got plenty of use!

It was so pretty untouched. But mom & dad ever got on to anyone for messing it all up.. it was just to tempting!

Leon's current assignment said...

Nice housem.
Me likum.
Me wannumbut me needum helpum to keep upum.

Me likey others to do yardwork while I do the indoors stuff.

Rambling, over and out.

Bugwit said...

If you've got a hill and snow, it's just wrong not to put that to use!

If God didn't mean for us to slide down hills, he would've put treads on our butts.

Kentucky Brat said...

Wendy - when I was old enough to be put on the riding mower.. (maybe 7?) Dad and I would spend 4 days (a few hours a day) getting that whole thing cut! He bought a small light weight push mower for the big hills and he did those, and I'd spend hours trying to get to the middle before the outside part needed cutting again!!

I was extremely allergic to housework tho, so that was left to mom. Course, Dad wasn't a slob and us kids weren't allowed to be slobs so, I don't think she spent hours and hours doing it.

We would all pitch in when spring came with those windows that go from about 6 inches from the floor damn near to the top of the 12 foot ceilings.. and the pine wood floors that would be stripped of all wax, re-waxed and buffed to a high gloss.. those where the big jobs in the house.

And I am sad to say that that hill (at least starting from the top) can no longer be used to sled... Birdie has stones all around the big hill. Not that it was washing away or anything, but it is very hard to keep the grass cut. So, I understand why she did it... but it sure fucks it up for the kids in the neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

You weren't lying...it's big.

(If I had a nickel for everytime I heard a woman say that to me...well, I'd be without nickels.) ;)

Steve~